Many parents prefer a smaller and more home like atmosphere for child care rather than a large early education center. Our system of family child care partners offers intimate environments with qualified educators who run nurturing and enriching programs for young children. In addition, children in family child care often stay with the same provider year after year rather than switching classrooms—allowing them the stability and comfort of growing along with a consistent community of peers and educators.
We have over 125 provider homes in Chelsea, Dorchester, East Boston, Hyde Park, Jamaica Plain, Roslindale, Roxbury, Mattapan, Milton, Revere, South Boston and West Roxbury.
Nurtury's Family Child Care System
- Nurtury recruits, vets, and contracts with each educator/provider.
- The providers in our system meet all state requirements and licensing standards.
- We value family child care educators who not only provide quality care, but who are dedicated to furthering their own learning.
- Nurtury offers our family child care providers educational and training opportunities as well as regular technical assistance, and offers support for providers as they pursue their career goals.
- Many of Nurtury's providers also have certificates in child development (CDA's), associates, bachelors or masters degrees.
- Because Nurtury manages many of the administrative tasks that support Providers' businesses, they are free to focus more of their energy on caring for the children.
- Our educators provide a nutritious breakfast/morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack, and dinner, if applicable.
- Hours: Some open as early as 6:00am. All offer ten hours of care a day. Some providers also offer care both before and after school.
Family child care environments offer the comfort and familiarity of a home setting with a deliberately designed program and curriculum that parents are used to seeing in a school-like center setting. Programs incorporate daily routine and structure as well as evidence-based curriculum. This comfortable, smaller environment often allows for more personal attention from providers. The ratio of provider to children is usually 1 provider to 6 children or 2 providers to 10 children.
Children are grouped by age and the curriculum is age appropriate. In addition to daily activities in the home, many providers also take children on local field trips to libraries, parks, playgrounds and museums. Some also take advantage of supplemental programs through Nurtury's partnerships with organizations such as Jumpstart for Young Children or Read Boston.
For more information or to find a family child care provider near you contact:
70 Everett Avenue, Suite 504
Chelsea, MA 02150
Program Director: Mayra Rosado
Admissions Coordinator: Tania Perez
2201 Washington Street, Suite 306
Roxbury, MA 02119
Program Director: Nilda Chajon Navas
Admissions Coordinator: Migdaliz Betances